Understanding Our Policies Our Advertising Policies provide guidance on what types of ad content are allowed. When advertisers submit a campaign, each campaign is reviewed against these policies. If you think your ad was mistakenly disapproved, please contact our support team at [email protected]
2. Campaign Review Process
Before Campaigns may be shown on BonusTime, they’re reviewed to make sure they meet our Advertising Policies. Typically most campaigns are reviewed within 24 hours, although in some cases it may take longer.
What We Consider During the ad review process, we’ll check your ad’s images or videos, text, validators and social links, in addition to the content on your ad’s landing page. Your campaign may not be approved if the landing page content isn’t fully functional, doesn’t match the product/service promoted in your campaign or doesn’t fully comply with our Advertising Policies.
After Campaigns Has Been Reviewed After your campaign has been reviewed, you’ll receive a notification informing you whether your campaign is approved. If it is approved, you can begin to reserve a DrawSlot to run your BonusTime Campaign. DrawSlots can be viewed within the BonusTime Advertisers Dashboard.
Steps to Take When Rejected
Editing Your Campaign If your campaign isn’t approved for not fully complying with our policies, you may edit and resubmit it for review. To edit your campaign content: Check the email address associated with your BonusTime Advertisers account. If your campaign doesn’t get approved, we’ll send you an email with details that explain why. Using the information in your disapproval email, you can edit your campaign message and create a compliant one. Submit your edited changes. Once you submit your changes, your campaign will be resubmitted for review.
Appeal the Decision If you can’t edit your ad or feel it was a mistake that it wasn’t approved, you can appeal the decision by contacting our support team at [email protected]
3. Prohibited Content The following list of contents are prohibited to advertise in BonusTime. This list is non-exhaustive and will be determined by BonusTime in its sole discretion
1. Illegal Products or Services
Campaign must not constitute, facilitate, or promote illegal products, services or activities. Campaigns also must not promote products, services, or content that are inappropriate, illegal, or unsafe, or that exploit, mislead, or exert undue pressure on the users.
2. Discriminatory Practices
Campaign must not discriminate or encourage discrimination against people based on personal attributes such as race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, disability, medical or genetic condition.
Campaign will not include discriminatory content in their ads. Advertisers are also required to comply with applicable laws that prohibit discrimination. These include laws that prohibit discriminating against groups of people in connection with, for example, offers of housing, employment, and credit.
3. Tobacco Products
Campaigns must not promote the sale or use of tobacco products and related paraphernalia. However, Blogs or groups connecting people with tobacco-related interests, as long as the service does not lead to the sale of tobacco or tobacco-related products or Anti-smoking campaigns and e-books, counseling services for smoking addiction, and smoking rehabilitation programs or facilities are allowed.
4. Drugs & Drug-Related Products
Campaigns must not promote the sale or use of illegal, prescription, or recreational drugs.
5. Unsafe Supplements
Campaigns must not promote the sale or use of unsafe supplements, as determined by BonusTime in its sole discretion.
6. Weapons, Ammunition, or Explosives
Campaigns must not promote the sale or use of weapons, ammunition, or explosives.
7. Adult Products or Services
Campaigns must not promote the sale or use of adult products or services, except for ads for family planning and contraception. Campaigns for contraceptives must focus on the contraceptive features of the product, and not on sexual pleasure or sexual enhancement.
8. Adult Content Campaigns must not contain adult content. This includes nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative.
9. Third-Party Infringement Campaigns must not contain content that infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights.
10. Sensational Content Campaigns must not contain shocking, sensational, disrespectful or excessively violent content.
11. Personal Attributes Campaigns must not contain content that asserts or implies personal attributes. This includes direct or indirect assertions or implications about a person’s race, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs, age, sexual orientation or practices, gender identity, disability, medical condition (including physical or mental health), financial status, membership in a trade union, criminal record, or name.
12. Misleading or False Content Campaigns must not contain deceptive, false, or misleading content, including deceptive claims, offers, or business practices.
13. Controversial Content Campaigns must not contain content that exploits controversial political or social issues for commercial purposes.
14. Non-Functional Landing Page Campaigns must not direct people to non-functional landing pages. This includes landing page content that interferes with a person’s ability to navigate away from the page.
15. Surveillance Equipment Campaigns may not promote the sale of spy cams, mobile phone trackers or other hidden surveillance equipment.
16. Grammar & Profanity Campaigns must not contain profanity or bad grammar and punctuation. Symbols, numbers, and letters must be used properly.
17. Nonexistent Functionality Campaigns must not contain images that portray nonexistent functionality.
18. Personal Health Campaigns must not contain “before-and-after” images or images that contain unexpected or unlikely results. Ad content must not imply or attempt to generate negative self-perception in order to promote diet, weight loss, or other health related products. Campaigns for health, fitness or weight loss products must be targeted to people 18 years or older.
19. Payday or Cash Advance Loans Campaigns must not promote payday loans, paycheck advances or any other short-term loan intended to cover someone’s expenses until their next payday.
20. Multi Level Marketing Campaigns promoting income opportunities must fully describe the associated product or business model, and must not promote business models offering quick compensation for little investment, including multi level marketing opportunities.
21. Penny Auctions Campaigns may not promote penny auctions, bidding fee auctions or other similar business models.
22. Counterfeit Documents Campaigns may not promote fake documents, such as counterfeit degrees, passports or immigration papers.
23. Low Quality or Disruptive Content Campaigns must not contain content leading to external landing pages that provide an unexpected or disruptive experience. This includes misleading ad positioning, such as overly sensationalized headlines, and leading people to landing pages that contain minimal original content and a majority of unrelated or low quality ad content.
24. Spyware or Malware Campaigns must not contain spyware, malware, or any software that results in an unexpected or deceptive experience. This includes links to sites containing these products.
4. Restricted Content
1. Alcohol Campaigns that promote or reference alcohol must comply with all applicable local laws, required or established industry codes, guidelines, licenses and approvals, and include age and country targeting criteria consistent with BonusTime’s targeting guidelines and applicable local laws. Note that Campaigns promoting or referencing alcohol are prohibited in some countries, including but not limited to: Afghanistan, Brunei, Bangladesh, Egypt, Gambia, Indonesia, Kuwait, Libya, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
2. Policy Campaigns for online dating services are only allowed with prior written permission. Examples of content that is not allowed : “Adult friend finder” types of services, “Mail-order bride” types of services , Images that are pixelated or blurred, “Selfie” images, where a person is visibly photographing themselves.
3. Real Money Gambling Campaigns that promote or facilitate online real money gambling, real money games of skill or real money lotteries, including online real money casino, sports books, bingo, or poker, are only allowed with prior written permission. Authorized gambling, games of skill or lottery Campaigns must target people 18 years or older who are in jurisdictions for which permission has been granted.
4. State Lotteries Lotteries run by government entities may advertise on BonusTime, provided the Campaigns are targeted in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the Campaigns will be served and only target people in the jurisdiction in which the lottery is available.
5. Online Pharmacies Campaigns must not promote the sale of prescription pharmaceuticals. Campaigns for online and offline pharmacies are only permitted with prior written permission.
6. Supplements Campaigns that promote acceptable dietary and herbal supplements may only target people who are at least 18 years of age. Unsafe supplements, including but not limited to anabolic steroids, chitosan, comfrey, dehydroepiandrosterone, ephedra, and human growth hormones.
7. Subscription Services Campaigns for subscription services, or that promote products or services that include negative options, automatic renewal, free-to-pay conversion billing products, or mobile marketing are subject to our subscription services requirements.
8. Financial Services Campaigns promoting credit card applications or financial services with accredited institutions must clearly provide sufficient disclosure regarding associated fees, including APR percentages transaction fees, within the ad’s landing page. Campaigns promoting loans or insurance services must not directly request the input of a person’s financial information, including credit card information.
9. Student Loan Services Campaigns promoting student loan services must be targeted to people 18 years or older. Campaigns must not promote misleading or deceptive services related to student loan consolidation, forgiveness, or refinancing.
5. Video Ads Video ads and other dynamic ad types must comply the all of the rules listed in these Advertising Policies, including the Community Standards, as well as the policies below:
1. Disruptive Content Videos and other similar ad types must not use overly disruptive tactics, such as flashing screens.
2. Entertainment Related Restrictions Campaigns for movie trailers, TV shows, video game trailers, and other similar content intended for mature audiences are only allowed with prior written permission from BonusTime and must target people who are 18 years or older. Excessive depictions of the following content within these Campaigns are not allowed:
1. Drugs and alcohol use
2. Adult content
4. Violence and gore
All ad components, including any text, images or other media, must be relevant and appropriate to the product or service being offered and the audience viewing the ad.
Campaigns must clearly represent the company, product, service, or brand that is being advertised.
3. Related Landing Pages
The products and services promoted in an ad’s text must match those promoted on the landing page, and the destination site must not offer or link to any prohibited product or service.
7. Lead Campaigns
Advertisers must not create Lead Campaigns questions to request the following types of information without our prior written permission.
1. Account Numbers
Campaigns must not request account numbers, including frequent flyer numbers, loyalty card numbers, or cable or telephone account numbers without our prior permission.
2. Criminal History
Campaigns must not request information regarding criminal or arrest history without our prior permission.
3. Financial Information
Campaigns must not request financial information, including bank account numbers, bank routing numbers, credit or debit card numbers, credit scores, income, net worth or how much debt someone has without our prior permission.
4. Government Issued Identifiers
Campaigns must not request government-issued identifiers, including Social Security numbers, passport numbers or driver’s license numbers without our prior permission.
5. Health Information
Campaigns must not request health information, including physical health, mental health, medical treatments, medical conditions or disabilities without our prior permission.
6. Insurance Information
Campaigns must not request insurance information, including current insurance policy numbers, without our prior permission.
7. Political Affiliation
Campaigns must not request information regarding political affiliation without our prior permission.
8. Race or Ethnicity
Campaigns must not request information regarding race or ethnicity without our prior permission.
Campaigns must not request information regarding religion or philosophical beliefs without our prior permission.
10. Sexual Orientation
Campaigns must not request information regarding sexual orientation or information about the sexual life of the individual, including what gender(s) the person prefers to date, without our prior permission.
11. Template Questions
Campaigns must not request the same or substantially similar information that you could use a Template Question to request.
12. Trade Union Membership
Campaigns must not request information regarding trade Union membership status without our prior permission.
13. Usernames or Passwords
Campaigns must not request usernames or passwords, including usernames and passwords for existing and new accounts, without our prior permission. If you want to direct people to sign up for an account with your site or service, you should use the Clicks to Website or Website Conversions objective when you run your Campaigns.
8. Data Use Restrictions
1. Ensure any data collected, received or derived from your BonusTime Campaign is only shared with someone acting on your behalf, such as your service provider. You are responsible for ensuring your service providers protect any BonusTime advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit their use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
2. Don’t use BonusTime advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by BonusTime) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of your BonusTime Campaigns.
3. Don’t use BonusTime advertising data, including the targeting criteria for your campaign, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
4. Don’t transfer any BonusTime advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
9. Things You Should Know
1. Advertisers are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable laws and regulations. Failure to comply may result in a variety of consequences, including the cancellation of Campaigns or DrawSlot you have placed and termination of your account.
2. We do not use sensitive personal data for DrawSlot targeting. BonusTime will only use your geographical location for targeting.
3. If you are managing ads on behalf of other advertisers, each advertiser or client must be managed through separate ad accounts. You must not change the advertiser or client associated with an established ad account; set up a new account. You are responsible for ensuring that each advertiser complies with these Advertising Policies.
4. BonusTime reserve the right to reject, approve or remove any Campaigns, DrawSlots, Draw Listings for any reason, in our sole discretion, including ads that negatively affect our relationship with our users or that promote content, services, or activities, contrary to our competitive position, interests, or advertising philosophy.
5. For policies that require prior written permission, BonusTime may grant these permissions. Contact our Support Team at [email protected]
6. These policies are subject to change at any time without notice.